Mayo make four changes for Limerick as Cian Hanley gets first start
Stephen Rochford has been forced into a couple of changes but has also opted to freshen things up.
Mayo kick off what they hope will be a circuitous route to the Super 8s and the All-Ireland final with a Round 1 Qualifier match against Limerick on Saturday evening.
Having been beaten by Galway in the Connacht quarter-final, Mayo will have to get to the Super 8 stage through the back door.
Rochford must do without the suspended Diarmuid O'Connor and Tom Parsons, who badly injured his knee in that loss to Galway. Jason Doherty and Conor Loftus also miss out on the starting 15.
That sees three new faces in the Mayo forward lines, with Cillian O'Connor returning to take the No.14 jersey and the captaincy. Evan Reagan comes into the full forward line in place of Loftus.
Ger Cafferkey is named in the half backs while there is a first start for former Mayo minor captain Cian Hanley.
The 21-year-old, who plays with Andy Moran's Ballaghaderreen, returned from Australia earlier this year after a three-year stint with AFL [Aussie Rules] side Brisbane Lions. He featured as a sub in the Galway game but the 6pm throw-in against Limerick will be his first start for the seniors.
Hanley, they younger brother of Pearce Hanley, can play in midfield as well as in either forward line.
1. David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites
2. Eoin O’Donoghue - Belmullet
3. Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
4. Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
5. Colm Boyle - Davitts
6. Chris Barrett - Belmullet
7. Patrick Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels
8. Seamus O'Shea - Breaffy
9. Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
10. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
11. Aidan O’Shea - Breaffy
12. Cian Hanley - Ballaghaderreen
13. Evan Regan - Ballina Stephenites
14. Cillian O’Connor - Ballintubber (captain)
15. Andy Moran - Ballaghaderreen