World Cup 2022 Day 21: All the major action and talking points
Footballing D-Day for England and France, while Morocco will be hoping to shock Portugal.
A fantastic, wild Friday of World Cup live action saw Croatia and Argentina march on, at the expense of Brazil and The Netherlands.
Today sees Morocco taking on a Portugal side that have decided Cristiano Ronaldo is now a better option off the bench. Following that, we have France taking on England in the other quarter final.
We will be following both matches over the course of the day, and dropping in other big stories from Day 21 at the World Cup.
Check out all of the latest news, scores, and results here:
Friday saw Croatia score a late equaliser to take their quarter final to extra time and then penalties. Brazil had a shoot-out nightmare and the 2018 finalists marched on.
Later that day, The Netherlands found themselves 2-0 down to an Argentina side inspired by Lionel Messi, only for substitute Wout Weghorst to level matters with two late goals. Extra time saw Argentina press their case, but the match ended 2-2.
Emiliano Martinez saved two Dutch penalties and it was left to Lautaro Martinez to clinch victory with a cool penalty. There was no love lost in the fractious affair, with both sides needing to be separated after the final whistle.
- Lionel Messi appears to instigate touch-line row with Louis Van Gaal after shoot-out
- World Cup 2022 Day 20: All the major action and talking points
- World Cup Power Rankings: The top 10 players at the tournament ahead of the quarter-finals
While you're here, why not try some of our World Cup quizzes?
- The FootballJOE Qatar World Cup 2022 Geography Quiz.
- SportsJOE's World Cup Quiz: Brazil 2014.
- Teammates XI Quiz: Italy - 2006 World Cup Final.
- QUIZ: Name the all-time leading scorers from each 2022 World Cup country.
- QUIZ: Name the 2018 World Cup Goalscorers