World Cup 2022 Day 20: All the major action and talking points
Thank God football is back.
Welcome to day 20 of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar as the quart finals officially kick of this evening with games at 3pm and 7pm.
It's been two long torturous days without football - it really does take you by surprise how quickly we have all adapted to the non stop action and just how spoilt we were.
Today, we get more than our fill as the dancing Brazilians take on the classy Croatians in the first game of this round, and it promises to be a cracker.
Brazil were in full flowing samba scoring form earlier in the week, while Croatia managed to dig their heels in and get through o penalties yet again.
Gary Neville has said that Brazil have been the best team in the tournament so far, but this is definitely the toughest challenge that they have faced yet.
In the evening we have the scintillating Lionel Messi back in action, and against Louis Van Gaal's rigidly organised Netherlands team.
If Messi scores in this game he will equal Gabriel Batistuta's record as top scorer for Argentina at a World Cup, and just by taking the field, will have the second most appearances ever in the tournaments history.
Although he has still been able to produce moments of magic, there's no denying that the rest of the team has been rather average, and if you want to beat Virgil van Dijk and CO, then you need everyone firing on all cylinders.
Check out all of the latest news, scores, and results here:
- Roy Keane stunned by Micah Richards stance on Brazil dancing celebration
- Didi Hamann thought Brazil substitution was disrespectful to South Korea
- Brazil star responds after Roy Keane slates dancing celebrations
While you're here, why not try some of our World Cup quizzes?
- The FootballJOE Qatar World Cup 2022 Geography Quiz.
- SportsJOE's World Cup Quiz: Brazil 2014.
- Teammates XI Quiz: Italy - 2006 World Cup Final.
- QUIZ: Name the all-time leading scorers from each 2022 World Cup country.
- QUIZ: Name the 2018 World Cup Goalscorers