Cesc Fabregas confirms Roy Keane's Gary Neville dig live on Sky Sports
"I think they used to target you, Gary."
Cesc Fabregas confirmed that Arsenal used to target Gary Neville at right-back in matches between the Gunners and Manchester United.
Following Arsenal's 3-2 win over Man United on Sunday, Neville was speaking about how difficult it was to play against the Gunners and said that he sympathised with United's full-backs in the match.
Keane joked that Arsenal wingers, such as Robert Pires and Marc Overmars, used to target Neville in games between the two rivals.
Former Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas was in the Sky Sports studio covering the Premier League match as a pundit. He confirmed Keane's theory was true. You can watch the clip below.
Roy nodding along when Gary said he knows what it's like to struggle against Arsenal wingers 😂 pic.twitter.com/IkpNF9PGOP
— Sky Sports Premier League (@SkySportsPL) January 22, 2023
Keane also said that Manchester United experienced a 'reality check' in their 3-2 defeat to Arsenal on Sunday. You can read more about that here.
The Gunners beat Man United at the Emirates Stadium in a dramatic Premier League match.
Eddie Nketiah scored the winner in stoppage time, his second goal of the game, to give Mikel Arteta's team three points. Bukayo Saka scored the other goal for Arsenal, while Marcus Rashford and Lisandro Martinez found the net for Man United.
The win puts Arsenal five points clear at the top of the table, with 50 points from 19 games. Man United remain in the top four.
Follow the latest transfer news in our dedicated hub here.
- Arsenal vs Man United: Player ratings as the Gunners win 3-2 with last minute goal.
- Man United face competition from Chelsea for David de Gea's successor.
- Man United could make move for Harry Kane as they draw up striker shortlist.
- Alex Ferguson's failed attempt to sign Trent Alexander-Arnold revealed.
- Adam Lallana fires parting shot at Leandro Trossard after Arsenal move.
- Declan Rice: Arsenal make West Ham midfielder top summer target.