Man United could make move for Harry Kane as they draw up striker shortlist
Kane's current deal with Spurs expires in 2024.
Manchester United may make a transfer offer for Harry Kane in the summer if the striker doesn't sign a new contract with Tottenham Hotspur, according to reports.
The Red Devils are short of options up front after Cristiano Ronaldo's exit and are attempting to sign the Netherlands forward Wout Weghorst on loan until the end of the season.
As such, they are searching for a new elite-level centre-forward, and have reportedly compiled a three-player shortlist of targets, which includes Kane.
Harry Kane on Man United shortlist for new centre forward.
United are said to be monitoring Kane's contract situation. The England captain could be in the final 12 months of his current deal in the summer, and if he doesn't sign a new contract, the Red Devils would be ready to make a move.
Man United reportedly believe that they would be the 'most attractive' option for the 29-year-old.
Bayern Munich have also been linked with a move for Kane, but the England captain may prefer to remain in the Premier League. United's chances of signing Kane will be boosted if they qualify for the Champions League ahead of Tottenham. Kane has scored 265 goals in 412 games for Spurs.
Benjamin Sesko completes the reported shortlist.
The FC Salzburg star, 19, has agreed to join Red Bull's sister club RB Leipzig at the end of the season for £20m. Yet, Man United may be still able to sign him if they were to buy Leipzig out of the transfer deal.
"Wonderful. Ruthless. Harry Kane with two!" ⚽⚽
What a FINISH that is 😍 pic.twitter.com/LtK716lYph
— Sky Sports Premier League (@SkySportsPL) January 4, 2023
Follow the latest transfer news in our dedicated hub here.
- Atlético Madrid could price João Felix out of loan move.
- Al-Nassr coach admits he wanted to sign Lionel Messi before Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Jamie Carragher makes brutal Cristiano Ronaldo dig as Rio Ferdinand defends Saudi move.
- Emi Martinez spends £20,000 on guard dog to protect World Cup winners' medal.
- Erik ten Hag takes control of Man United reserves as Martin Dubravka heads back to Newcastle.
- Cristiano Ronaldo: The sad decline of a player that refused to listen to anyone but himself.
- Cody Gakpo sends blunt message to Man United after Liverpool move.
- Evan Ferguson becomes youngest ever Irish scorer in Premier League with fine goal against Arsenal.