Final Underdogs squad confirmed and two counties feature strongly
This Friday, get along to Parnell Park for a real treat.
The Underdogs has confirmed their final squad for Friday's challenge game against All-Ireland champions Dublin.
GAA Beo, on TG4, will provide live coverage for the series finale from Parnell Park on Friday. The broadcast will start at 7:20pm, with match throw-in at 7:45pm.
The Underdogs team is managed by former Galway captain Ray Silke, former Cork Ladies footballer Valerie Mulcahy and former Kerry footballer Paul Galvin. The Underdogs is 'a unique group of players, from different GAA clubs all across the country and these footballers have never played at senior inter-county championship level before'.
A sweeping TG4 release on the upcoming clash reads:
'Over the last few weeks we have seen the players’ trials and training and listened to them tell their own stories on the Underdogs series on TG4. Now, after months of preparation and intense training they are ready to take on the Dubs.
'The original Underdogs series began on TG4 in 2003 and launched the careers of a number of All-Ireland champions, not least Kerry powerhouse Kieran Donaghy and Cork’s Pearse O’Neill.'
"I think the concept of Underdogs is a great one," Dublin boss Jim Gavin says, "and we're looking forward to playing this unique game under lights in Parnell Park, against this team of aspiring inter-county footballers."
The final Underdogs panel contains 29 players, with two counties providing nine players combined - Dublin (5) and Donegal (4).
- Adam Wilson (Scoil Uí Chonaill, Co. Dublin),
- Anthony Durney (Moorefield GAA, Co. Kildare)
- Blake Forkan (St. Eunan’s, Co. Donegal originally from Killtimagh, Co. Mayo)
- Calum Gallagher (Naomh Bríd, Co. Donegal)
- Ciarán Mac Fhearghusa (Na Gaeil Óga, Co. Dublin)
- Colm Flynn (Ballymahon GAA, Co. Longford)
- Conor McKenna (Éire Óg Doire Achaidh, Co. Antrim)
- Cormac Doohan (Ballaghaderreen GAA, Co. Mayo)
- Daragh Murrin (Duninkeely, Co. Donegal)
- Darragh O’Shea (Ballydonoghue GAA, Co. Kerry)
- DJ Murphy (Gneeveguilla GAA, Co. Kerry)
- Eamon O’Donoghue (Padraig Pearses, Co. Roscommon)
- Enda Fleming (Corofin, Co. Galway)
- Fintan Ó Cuanaigh (St. James, Co. Galway)
- Gary O’Daly (St. Mary’s, Co. Leitrim)
- Graham Heavey (Ballyboden St. Enda’s, Co. Dublin)
- Michael Molloy (John Mitchel’s Liverpool originally from Co.Donegal)
- Micheál McCarville (Scotstown GAA, Co. Monaghan)
- Niall Canning (Drumcliff Rosses Point, Co. Sligo)
- Nigel Rabbitt (Northern Gaels, Co. Longford)
- Richie Greene (Athlone GAA, Co. Westmeath)
- Ronan O’Neill (Derrytresk GFC, Co. Tyrone)
- Ruairi Cunningham (Clonmore Robert Emmets, Co. Armagh)
- Ryan Treanor (Thomas Clarke’s, Co. Tyrone)
- Sam McCurdy (O’Dwyers GAA, Co. Dublin)
- Seán Brady (St. Treas Ballymaguigan, Co. Derry)
- Stephen Harford (Round Towers, Co. Dublin)
- Steven Scallan (O’Loughlin Gaels, Co. Kilkenny)
- Trevor Murtagh (St. Barry’s, Co. Roscommon)
TG4 are also showing live coverage of the Donegal Senior County Football final between Gaoth Dobhair and Naomh Conaill, from Mac Cumhaill Park, Ballybofey. The show starts at 3:30pm, with throw-in at 4pm. Following that, there will be deferred coverage from Clare Senior Hurling County final twixt Ballyea and Cratloe from Cusack Park, Ennis.
Tickets for the Underdogs vs. Dublin game are available on www.tickets.ie