Tyson Fury offers Anthony Joshua huge world title fight
Fury has called out Joshua
Fury had been hoping to take on Oleksandr Usyk in a heavyweight bout to crown the division's first undisputed champion since Lennox Lewis in 1999, but Usyk has said he won't be ready until next year at the earliest.
The Gypsy King has said he will look to fight while he waits for the Ukrainian to recover and has given Joshua an opportunity to meet him in the ring.
In a message on Twitter he wrote: "I think you've all heard I'm going to be fighting soon, in the next few months. I think before I announce an opponent, I need to do this just in case.
"Anthony Joshua, I know you've just lost a fight to Usyk and you're bout-less at the moment. I'd like to give you an opportunity to fight me for the WBC heavyweight championship of the world and the lineal championship in the next few months.
— TYSON FURY (@Tyson_Fury) September 5, 2022
"You're coming off a 12-round fight so you're match fit, you're ready. I'm giving you a few months' notice. If you're interested, I'll send you a date over and we can rumble. A battle of Britain for the WBC championship of the world; if you're not interested, let me know and I'll select another opponent."
Joshua would come into the fight off the back of a defeat to Usyk, having lost via split decision in Saudi Arabia in August.
The 32-year-old's promoter, Eddie Hearn, has since confirmed though that there are plans for the former Olympic champion to continue fighting.
- Eddie Hearn reveals details of first interaction with Anthony Joshua after Usyk defeat
- Frank Warren dismisses ‘bull***t’ Eddie Hearn theory about Anthony Joshua meltdown
- Eddie Hearn hits out at Tyson Fury following Anthony Joshua fight