Odds are Conor McGregor wasn’t looking for a quick turnaround after the Money Fight.
Initially, Conor McGregor was determined to have another fight in 2017 following his professional boxing debut against Floyd Mayweather.
He explained to media in Las Angeles after the fight was confirmed that the Forbes 100 List was the main reason why he had an end of year fight, most likely inside the Octagon, in his sights.
“What was really making me want to do that December 30 fight was the Forbes list. I thought it was like January to January, you know what I mean? Or like the end of the year to the start of the year, but it’s actually June to June.”
Although the interim lightweight title is set to be contested by Tony Ferguson and Kevin Lee in October, the trilogy fight against Nate Diaz appears to be leading the race to be McGregor’s next challenge.
— SportsJOE.ie (@SportsJOEdotie) August 29, 2017
The medical suspensions for the Mayweather vs McGregor event have been released and the good news is ‘the Notorious’ won’t be out of action for too long.
Following his 10th round TKO loss to Mayweather, McGregor has been suspended for two months until October 26 with no contact until October 1o. This means that all going well, he would be fit and ready for that end of year UFC card if he still wants it.
Check out the rest of the medical suspensions from the event via MMAFighting below.
- Conor McGregor: Suspended until 26/10 no contact until 11/10.
- Nathan Cleverly: Suspended until 11/10, no contact until 26/09.
- Thomas Dulorme: Suspended until 26/9, no contact until 17/9.
- Juan Heraldez: Requires x-ray of left hand, if positive then must be cleared by orthopedic doctor or no contest until 23/2/18; minimum suspension of no contest until 11/10, no contact until 26/9.
- Jose Miguel Borrego: Requires MRI on left knee within 10 days, if positive then must be cleared by orthopedic doctor or no contest until 23/2/18; minimum suspension of no contest until 26/9, no contact until 17/9.
- Kevin Newman: Suspended until 11/10, no contact until 26/9.