Munster get brutal Champions Cup draw as Leinster face Ulster in Last 16
Leinster will face Ulster at the Aviva Stadium for a place in the quarter finals.
The pool stages of the 2022/23 Champions Cup have wrapped up and the line-up for the Last 16 is now complete.
Leinster, as top seeds, Munster and Ulster have all qualified for the Last 16, with two of the provinces getting paired against each other in the knock-out stages. By virtue of a 22-11 win over Sale Sharks, on Saturday, Ulster qualified as eight seeds for their pool and will face off against the four-time champions in the knock-out stages.
Munster, who lost 20-16 to Toulouse but claimed a losing bonus point, will travel to Durban to take on The Sharks in their Last 16 match-up.
CHAMPIONS CUP LAST 16 DRAW
- Leinster vs. Ulster
- La Rochelle vs. Gloucester
- Exeter vs. Montpellier
- Toulouse vs. Bulls
- Saracens vs. Ospreys
- Sharks vs. Munster
- Leicester vs. Edinburgh
- Stormers vs. Harlequins.
*The games will take place over the weekend from March 31 to April 2
Meanwhile in the Challenge Cup, Connacht lost out on a home Last 16 match by losing to Newcastle Falcons on Saturday.
The draw for that competition is now known, with four sides from the Champions Cup dropping in to fill out the knock-out rounds. Connacht will travel to Benetton Treviso, in Italy, for their next match.
CHALLENGE CUP LAST 16 DRAW
— EPCR Challenge Cup (@ChallengeCup_) January 22, 2023
- "He'd pick a fight at a morgue!" - Ireland stars feature on list of hardest players in rugby
- New Netflix Six Nations documentary set for our screens in 2024
- This is how Bath are able to pay Finn Russell just under £1 million per season
- "They were thinking of amputation" - John Porch and a rugby career that was never supposed to happen