Waterford take massive gamble as team to face Cork named
It has been 110 days since the defender last turned out for the Déise.
Waterford boss Derek McGrath has drafted in Kieran Bennett for Sunday's All-Ireland semi final against Cork at Croke Park.
The 22-year-old has been called up to the Waterford team in place of the suspended Tadhg de Búrca, who had his appeal against his quarter final red card rejected.
The last time he featured for his county when they lost the Allianz Leagues quarter final against Galway. That was just under four months ago, back in April.
Elsewhere, the Waterford 15 is unchanged from the side that saw off Wexford in the last eight.
1. Stephen O’Keeffe (Ballygunner)
2. Shane Fives (Tourin)
3. Barry Coughlan (Ballygunner)
4. Noel Connors (Passage)
18. Kieran Bennett (Ballysaggart)
6. Austin Gleeson (Mount Sion)
7. Philip Mahony (Ballygunner)
8. Jamie Barron (Fourmilewater)
9. Conor Gleeson (Fourmilewater)
10. Kevin Moran (De La Salle)
11. Pauric Mahony (Ballygunner)
12. Jake Dillon (De La Salle)
13. Shane Bennett (Ballysaggart)
14. Michael Walsh (Stradbally)
15. Darragh Fives (Tourin)
Bennett and his brothers, Shane and Stephen, all play for Ballysaggert GAA in a village of the same name. The local GAA club has just 35 registered players, three of whom are senior inter-county stars.
The winner of Sunday's clash will take on Galway in the All-Ireland final.