GAA JOE All-Star hurling team 2023
Limerick are the All-Ireland champions, and they have a fair few of our All Star selections.
The 2023 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship concluded at Croke Park on a rain-sodden Sunday, with John Kiely's Limerick side victorious over Kilkenny. 11 of our 2023 All Star hurling team featured in that final.
Between Limerick (six) and Kilkenny (five), their players dominate the goalkeeping position, defence and midfield in our GAA JOE All-Star hurling team 2023.
10 changes from last year's GAA JOE All Star hurling team
Only five of the players we selected in our 2022 hurling All Star team made this year's 15 - a testament to Kilkenny doing so well to reach the decider and the fact that Limerick have so many top guns ready to step in and step up when John Kiely needs.
The only real splash of inter-county colour comes in the forwards, with two Clare and two Galway players selected.
GAA JOE TEAM OF THE YEAR
Eoin Murphy (Kilkenny)
Mikey Butler (Kilkenny), Huw Lawlor (Kilkenny), Dan Morrissey (Limerick)
Diarmaid Byrnes (Limerick), Richie Reid (Kilkenny), Kyle Hayes (Limerick)
Darragh O'Donovan (Limerick), William O'Donoghue (Limerick)
Cathal Mannion (Galway), Shane O'Donnell (Clare), David Fitzgerald (Clare)
Eoin Cody (Kilkenny), Aaron Gillane (Limerick), Conor Whelan (Galway)
The Sunday Game panel named their Team and Hurler of the Year selection, on Sunday evening with Limerick dominating there, too.
Watch our All-Ireland hurling final review show with Davy Fitzgerald right here
- All-Ireland senior hurling final: updates, team-news and talking points
- Limerick take lion's share of The Sunday Game team of the year, but three other counties feature
- GAA JOE All-Star hurling team 2023
- Limerick hurlers go full demented to 'their tune' at glorious homecoming
- Conor Whelan explains what All-Ireland hurling final week was like for an inexperienced 18-year-old
- "Are you blaming me for that?!" Diarmaid Byrnes in rare form after Limerick's big triumph