World Cup 2022 Day Five: All the major action and talking points
It's another jam-packed day at the World Cup.
Welcome to Day Five of the 2022 FIFA World Cup, and our dedicated hub where we will keep you updated on all the action from the tournament.
On Thursday, we have four games with Group G and Group H getting underway. First up, Switzerland face Cameroon at 10 am, which is followed by Uruguay versus South Korea at 1 pm. In the 4 pm game, Portugal take on Ghana. At 7 pm, Brazil come up against Serbia.
Brazil are one of the favourites for the tournament but are in a tricky group alongside Switzerland and Serbia, both of whom topped their qualification groups. Meanwhile, the focus will be on free agent Cristiano Ronaldo as Portugal start their campaign. Uruguay have also been touted as a potential dark horse.
You can follow all of the action below.
World Cup 2022 Day Five: All the major action and talking points.
On Wednesday, there was another surprise result as Japan came from behind to beat Germany 2-1.
The Germans now must avoid defeat to Spain on Sunday or they will crash out in the group stages for the second consecutive World Cup.
Spain, meanwhile, hammered Costa Rica 7-0 in the most complete performance of the tournament.
Elsewhere, in Group F, Croatia and Morocco played out a goalless draw and Belgium beat Canada 1-0.
The Belgians did not play well in the match but were let off the hook as Canada failed to take any of their goalscoring chances and missed a penalty.
- Graeme Souness goes out of his way to remind British viewers of Irish treatment live on ITV.
- "It's not acceptable. It was out of order" - Hamann blasts Rudiger for appearing to disrespect Japanese player.
- Roy Keane makes quip about Declan Rice and Jack Grealish after England lose player to Germany
While you're here, why not give some of our World Cup quizzes a try?
- The FootballJOE Qatar World Cup 2022 Geography Quiz.
- SportsJOE's World Cup Quiz: Brazil 2014.
- Teammates XI Quiz: Italy - 2006 World Cup Final.
- QUIZ: Name the all-time leading scorers from each 2022 World Cup country.
- QUIZ: Name the 2018 World Cup Goalscorers