Trevor Sinclair posts fresh update after talkSPORT suspension 3 weeks ago

Trevor Sinclair posts fresh update after talkSPORT suspension

He's back

Trevor Sinclair has told people to 'unfollow him' if they don't like the content he posts on social media.

Advertisement

Sinclair was forced to apologise after posting an 'ill-timed' tweet just hours of the death of Queen Elizabeth II last week.

In a now-deleted tweet, the former England international said: "Racism was outlawed in England in the 60’s & its been allowed to thrive so why should black & brown mourn!! #queen."

The tweet received huge backlash with talkSPORT, who Sinclair has worked as a pundit, distanced themselves from the comment.

Advertisement

One of Sinclair's talkSPORT colleagues, Simon Jordan, condemned the 49-year-old for the comment. He said: "Trev, I’m really not sure that is an appropriate thought, let alone tweet.

"The country has lost a very significant person and respect and value should be the over riding sentiments not division!"

Advertisement

The 49-year-old apologised "for any offence caused to those mourning The Queen" before his account briefly disappeared.

His account then reappeared a short while later and it wasn't long before Sinclair was criticised after he posted a picture trying to raise awareness for mental health.

Following the continuous backlash Sinclair has been under, the former West Ham forward spoke out once again on Twitter, reminding people that he can post what he wants.

Advertisement

"This is MY account. Not ours. If you don't like my posts, you can unfollow me," he said on Wednesday.

"I have my own beliefs & principles based on MY heritage & life experiences, which I will 100% maintain, even in the face of adversity. Thanks for all the support I’ve received."

TalkSPORT have confirmed that Sinclair will remain off-air until they have concluded their investigation.

Related links:

Advertisement

Eamon Dunphy recalls his most infamous punditry moment