Robbie Keane tipped for League One manager's position by former Ireland teammate
"Man-management is big and he’s good at that."
EFL League One side Pompey are searching for a new manager after sacking Danny Crowley last week, and Keane has been linked with the vacant position.
"Portsmouth are struggling to score goals and this guy knows how to score goals," the former Ireland and Crystal Palace striker told Sky Sports.
"I know he wants to be a manager so why not take him on because he’ll bring a lot.
"He’s got loads of energy, he’s enthusiastic about the game, knows the game inside out and he’s a character. Man-management is big and he’s good at that.
"As soon as he walks in that dressing room, for what he’s done in his career, he’ll earn loads of respect. It’s a great opportunity.
"Portsmouth is a massive football club and they would be crazy not to get Robbie Keane there."
Portsmouth are currently sitting in 13th place in League One, nine points away from the play-off spots.
During his playing career, Keane lined out for Wolverhampton Wanderers, Coventry City, Inter Milan, Leeds United, Spurs, Liverpool, West Ham United, Celtic, LA Galaxy, Aston Villa and Indian side ATK.
Follow the latest transfer news in our dedicated hub here.
- Atlético Madrid could price João Felix out of loan move.
- Al-Nassr coach admits he wanted to sign Lionel Messi before Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Jamie Carragher makes brutal Cristiano Ronaldo dig as Rio Ferdinand defends Saudi move.
- Emi Martinez spends £20,000 on guard dog to protect World Cup winners' medal.
- Erik ten Hag takes control of Man United reserves as Martin Dubravka heads back to Newcastle.
- Cristiano Ronaldo: The sad decline of a player that refused to listen to anyone but himself.
- Cody Gakpo sends blunt message to Man United after Liverpool move.
- Evan Ferguson becomes youngest ever Irish scorer in Premier League with fine goal against Arsenal.