Tyson Fury clarifies stance on retirement and addresses Dillian Whyte order 2 months ago

Tyson Fury clarifies stance on retirement and addresses Dillian Whyte order

Tyson Fury has clarified his comments on retirement, claiming that he has many more than three fights left in him.

Fury made headlines earlier this week when fans were led to believe that he'd be retiring after three more fights but 'The Gypsy King' has announced that he'll be hanging around for quite a bit longer.

When explaining how he wanted to remain active this year with three fights before 2019 is out, Fury told IFL TV that he was "going to have three fights, then I am going to be gone."

But amid concern from his fanbase, the undefeated Brit has explained what he really meant by the statement.

"I didn’t say retirement," Fury explained during an interview with Behind The Gloves. "I said I’d be gone. I said I was gonna have three fights and I’d be gone.

"I meant I’d be gone for the year and have some time off.

"I have a five-fight deal, so unless I’m gonna jack after three fights – I don’t think so! I fooled you all.

"I’m only a young pup, I’ve only just started to come into my career – my second career.

"I’ve only had a few fights back so yeah, this is the fourth defence of my lineal championship of the world. I’m really looking forward to it."

A couple of days ago, Fury was ordered by the WBC to fight fellow Brit Dillian Whyte in a title eliminator to set up a clash with champion Deontay Wilder.

But Fury, who many believe was robbed when he fought Wilder for the WBC crown in Los Angeles last December, has no intention of following any orders.

"I don’t need to fight eliminators to fight people. I already had a Deontay Wilder fight the other day without an eliminator," Fury said. "I think it's very unfair the way that they're treating Dillian Whyte because he's had to fight some good, undefeated men to work his way back up the ladder and I'm starting to believe what he's saying about them not wanting him to fight for a title maybe because if they've ordered him to fight me, that's a guaranteed loss...

"How long have you known me? Do I take orders from anybody? Definitely not.

"I ain’t being ordered to do anything by anybody. I’ve got my own shit going on, I’m going at my own pace and I do what I want to do."

Fury will fight Tom Schwarz in the first fight as part of his new broadcast deal with ESPN, with the fight scheduled for June 15 in Las Vegas.

And with a showcase win this summer, 'The Gypsy King' fully believes that he can settle his score with Wilder before 2019 comes to an end.

"I think December 2019 we’re gonna see the rematch," Fury said. "We’re gonna see me kick his ass again. This time though, he won’t be able to live with me.

"I’d just had two little fight comebacks. I’ve [now] been back well over a year, I’m strong at the weight and I don’t have to lose any weight.

"He had his biggest opportunity of his life to beat me and he couldn’t do it. Never again will he have that opportunity of a Tyson Fury only 40 per cent of what he should be.

"After three years out the ring of drug and alcohol abuse, and mental health problems, and ten stone weight loss. And he still couldn’t beat me. How much better am I than these guys?"