Report confirms that Michael Conlan's 2016 bout at the Rio Olympics was manipulated
Several 2016 Olympic events, including the infamous boxing bout involving Michael Conlan, have had the outcomes manipulated by a system set in place beforehand.
Professor Richard McLaren, the head of the investigation commissioned by the sport's world governing body AIBA, said the "seeds had been sown" years before.
"Suspicious" bouts included defeats for Great Britain's Joe Joyce and Ireland's Michael Conlan.
The investigation indicates there were approximately 11 bouts in total that were "suspicious" - and there "may be others".
"I'm delighted," Conlan told BBC Sport NI. "It's five years on and has been a long time coming. I didn't expect this to happen.
"The fact it has been done and my fight has been called up - it's not news to me but it's good news. It's a massive day for boxing and for Olympic sport.
"The black mark of Rio will always be there and I think if I hadn't said what I said and done what I did this probably wouldn't be happening now.
"I think it's a huge day for amateur boxing and especially for the guys who suffered in Rio, including myself. It is vindication."
The Belfast brawler then took to Twitter, tagging AIBA boxing, and demanding that they send him his medal.
— Michael Conlan (@mickconlan11) September 30, 2021