The medical suspensions for UFC on Fox 18 have been revealed.
12 fighters have been handed medical suspensions from the event with seven receiving indefinite suspensions including headliner Ryan Bader and 19-year-old prospect Sage Northcutt.
Bader was absolutely annihilated by Anthony Johnson in the main event, with Rumble taking just 86 seconds to demolish his opponent. He’ll need a CT scan and doctor’s clearance before being able to return to fighting.
Northcutt revealed on the MMA Hour that he was suffering from a strep throat during the first loss of his career to Bryan Barberena, with his opponent forcing the tap with an arm triangle from half guard in the second round. Northcutt has been suspended indefinitely pending the results of an X-ray to his right foot.
Check out the full list of medical suspensions below as reported by MMAJunkie.
- Ryan Bader: Suspended a minimum 60 days for KO loss and indefinitely pending CT scan and doctor clearance
- Josh Barnett: Suspended 30 days for facial laceration
- Bryan Barberena: Suspended 45 days for forehead laceration
- Sage Northcutt: Suspended 30 days for forehead laceration and indefinitely pending x-ray of right foot
- Jake Ellenberger: Suspended 45 days for nasal laceration and indefinitely pending evaluation of left forearm
- Diego Ferreria: Suspended indefinitely pending x-ray of right ankle
- Kevin Casey: Suspended 30 days for TKO loss with 15 days no-contact
- Rafael Natal: Suspended 30 days for facial laceration and indefinitely pending doctor clearance
- George Sullivan: Suspended 60 days for KO loss with 30 days no-contact
- Matt Dwyer: Suspended indefinitely pending doctor clearance
- Damon Jackson: Suspended 30 days for facial laceration and indefinitely pending x-ray of right foot and doctor clearance
- Tony Martin: Suspended 30 days