Jose Aldo's next fight has been confirmed for early 2019 7 months ago

Jose Aldo's next fight has been confirmed for early 2019

The UFC have announced that former Featherweight champion Jose Aldo will fight Renato Moicano in the co-main event at UFC Fortaleza in Brazil next year.

Aldo, who bounced back from consecutive losses to Max Holloway with a first round stoppage of Jeremy Stephens in July, will fight Moican on February 2 at UFC Fight Night 144.

Moicano has a 5-1 record since joining the UFC in 2014 with his only loss within the promotion coming at the hands of Featherweight contender Brian Ortega last summer.

Raphael Assunção and former WSOF Bantamweight Champion Marlon Moraes have also been slated for the card while elsewhere Bryan Barberena will fight Vicente Luque.

The former Featherweight king has fought just four times since the start of 2016 but the 32-year-old told Bloody Elbow earlier this month that he intends to fight three times in 2019.

“I don’t like to talk about fights before the contract is signed because these things can happen,” Aldo said.

“But we were already in agreement. I was training for Cub for one week. I don’t want to fight three weeks after (UFC 233) because it would jeopardize my goal to fight three times until December 2019. If I don’t fight on January 26, it could be in Fortaleza.”