Mattie Kenny names three Cuala players in Dublin team for league opener
New Dublin hurling manager Mattie Kenny has named Cuala trio Seán Moran, Jake Malone and Darragh O’Connell for their National Hurling League campaign opener against Carlow on Saturday.
Kenny takes over from Pat Gilroy, who stepped away from the post late last year after just one year due to work commitments.
The Galway native guided Cuala to All-Ireland wins in both 2017 and 2018 and takes the reins of the Dubs who have been drawn in Division 1B alongside Galway, Carlow, Laois, Waterford and Offaly.
Kenny previously was part of the Galway backroom team that reached the All-Ireland final in 2012.
DUBLIN STARTING XV (VS CARLOW)
1. Alan Nolan (St. Brigids)
2. Paddy Smyth (Clontarf)
3. Eoghan O'Donnell (Whitehall Colmcille)
4. James Madden (Ballyboden St. Enda's)
5. Chris Crummey (Lucan Sarsfields)
6. Seán Moran (Cuala)
7. Shane Barrett (Na Fianna)
8. Jake Malone (Cuala)
9. Darragh O'Connell (Cuala)
10. Fergal Whitely (Kilmacud Crokes)
11. John Hetherton (St. Vincent's)
12. Riain McBride (St. Vincent's)
13. Donal Burke (Na Fianna)
14. Liam Rushe (St. Patrick’s Palmerstown)
15. Eamon Dillon (Naomh Fionnbarra)