Cristiano Ronaldo and Jordan Henderson involved in heated bust-up after Saudi Cup match
The former Premier League stars clashed after the full-time whistle.
Cristiano Ronaldo and Jordan Henderson exchanged a war of words after the pair met in the last-16 of the King's Cup in Saudi Arabia.
Former Liverpool winger Sadio Mane sealed a 1-0 win on Tuesday for Al Nassr against Saudi League rivals Al Ettifaq.
However the drama didn't stop there, with the former Manchester United winger and Liverpool captain almost coming to blows after the match ended.
Ronaldo vs Henderson
It all started during the match when Jordan Henderson fortunately escaped a red card after shoving Al Nassr winger Otavio three times.
Instead, Al Ettifaq midfielder Ali Abdullah Hazazi saw red for tripping the Portuguese winger.
Needless to say, Cristiano Ronaldo was not impressed.
He not only gestured to the referee that Henderson should be sent off, he also made his feelings known to the former Liverpool man at full time...
🐐👑 @Cristiano Ronaldo se enojó y se produjo una acalorada discusión entre Ronaldo, Henderson y Castro, dirigiéndose al árbitro del partido.#Ronaldo𓃵 #CR7𓃵 #Ronaldo #GOAT𓃵 #CristianoRonaldo𓃵 #Bicho #CristianoRonaldo #ALNASSR #CR7𓃵بث
— Elia Maria VL 𓃵 (@eliamvl1) October 31, 2023
Cristiano Ronaldo unimpressed
Cristiano Ronaldo was clearly unhappy with Henderson.
He gestured furiously towards the England international as they walked off the pitch.
Henderson remained the calmer of the two.
Al Ettifaq later took to social media to request the recorded conversation between the match officials and the VAR over the red card.
Two two sides are due to meet again in the Pro League in December.
WATCH HOUSE OF FOOTBALL
- Man United star brutally ‘excluded’ from official squad photo for current season
- Damien Delaney doesn't mince his words when it comes to Caoimhin Kelleher
- Brentford's Neal Maupay picks up the strangest yellow card you might ever see
- Joe Cole "sums up" Darwin Nunez with surprise comparison that Chelsea fans won't agree with
- "Those words were spoken directly to me and my dad... I was broken" - CJ Stander
- "We do it for our families" - Scenes of raw, unconfined joy as Ireland reach Olympics