Mauricio Pochettino is interested in reuniting with Neymar at Chelsea
PSG are keen to offload one of their highest earners
Neymar’s future is up in the air despite having four years left on his deal and hasn’t played for the club since February due to an ankle injury that required surgery.
PSG are said to be pondering his future at the club as they aim to try and trim their wage bill by offloading some of their highest earners.
Le Parisien meanwhile have reported that Neymar – who was once looking for an exit route out of PSG – is now keen to stay following the appointment of his former Barcelona boss, Luis Enrique.
If made available then Chelsea could decide to make a move. The Blues mulled over making an offer in last year’s summer transfer window however opted to move for other targets but kept him among the list of players under consideration.
Mauricio Pochettino has already worked with Neymar before when he managed PSG, although they did have the most successful time at the club.
The French champions are believed to value Neymar at £59m however the two-time European champions also have other targets in mind.
Mauricio Pochettino is also said to be eyeing up Brighton’s Moises Caicedo as well as Arsenal academy gradate Folarin Balogun, who excelled with 21 goals in 27 games while on loan at Ligue 1 side Reims.
- PSG will use all possible pressure methods to ‘ruin Kylian Mbappé’s life’
- UEFA make changes to loophole allowing clubs to spread cost of transfers
- Chelsea could be forced to change name of stadium due to potential sponsorship deal
- Wolves target Liverpool and Ireland goalkeeper Caoimhin Kelleher
- Jason Knight set to make Championship return as Bristol City swoop in