New Manchester United home kit features three interesting design details
It should go down well with the Manchester United fans.
The new Man United home jersey, and kit, has been officially released and fans are getting a closer look at the gear their team will don for the 2023/24 season.
Adidas remain the kit manufacturer and they have not veered too far from last season's design. Saying that, they have leaned more into the black, with new collar, stripes and piping on the fresh jersey.
There is a 'geometric rose design' across the main splash of red, which is said to be 'a nod to Manchester's industrial heritage'. The adidas patented HEATRDY technology ensures the jersey has a lightweight and breathable feel.
There is a change to the club crest presentation, too. The red devil crest now sits on the jersey itself, rather than on a shield, like last season's home jersey.
The collar is a throwback to the adidas United kits of the early and mid 1990s, and again is mainly black with some red and white accents. You can have a closer look right here:
Marcus Rashford and Ella Toone feature in the main image, promoting the jersey launch.
The photo-shoot also features Raphael Varane, Bruno Fernandes, Lisandro Martinez, Jadon Sancho, Luke Shaw and Casemiro, along with Katie Zellem, Mary Earps, Leah Galton, Millie Turner and Maya Le Tissier from the women's team.
CHECK OUT OUR UNFILTERED CHAT WITH GARY LINEKER:
- Champions League final: Man City vs Inter Milan teams and player ratings as treble secured
- House of Football: Ireland’s glimmer of hope, selfies with Roy and the art of free-kicks.
- Scott Carson delivers emphatic comeback to fan after second Champions League victory
- Man United line-up transfers for two strikers as alternatives to Harry Kane
- "Disgrace to the club" - Norman Whiteside story on nightclub "raid" sums up Alex Ferguson's early years at Man United