Greece vs Ireland: Player ratings and TV details for Euro 2024 qualifier
Ireland continue their Euro 2024 qualification campaign against Greece.
The Republic of Ireland take on Greece on Friday night in their second Uefa Euro 2024 qualification game of the campaign. You can follow the match live in our hub below, where we will have updates about team news, big talking points from the game and player ratings
Click on the key point you want to read about, or just keep scrolling to see updates in our live hub.
Greece vs Ireland: TV details for Euro 2024 qualifier.
Ireland's match against Greece kicks off at 7:45 pm Irish time on Friday, June 16th. The match will be staged at the Opap Arena in Athens, which was opened last September and holds 32,500 spectators.
The Euro 2024 qualifier will be broadcast live on RTÉ 2, with coverage starting at 7 pm. You can also stream the game on the RTÉ player.
“The transition period is over…”@stephenhunt1010 and @robredmond10 on
why Ireland must get a result against Greece in their Euro 2024 qualifier ☘️
Together w/ @WilliamHill
18+ | https://t.co/QJg1PNJxfC #ad pic.twitter.com/ZvFqdOiR58
— SportsJOE (@SportsJOEdotie) June 16, 2023
Greece vs Ireland: What is at stake in the Euro 2024 qualifier?
Ireland and Greece are evenly matched, according to Fifa's world rankings. Ireland are ranked 49th in the world, while the home side are ranked 52nd.
Those rankings should be reflected on Friday night, in what will be an evenly-fought game between two sides on a similar level.
Ireland come into the game after losing 1-0 to France in Dublin back in March. Greece, meanwhile, beat Gibraltar 3-0. With matches to come against The Netherlands, only a win will arguably do for both sides as they seek to reach Euro 2024.
Ireland were seeded third in the group, and Greece were seeded fourth, with France and The Netherlands the top-seeded teams in the group. Only one team will qualify automatically for the tournament in Germany next summer.
- Champions League final: Man City vs Inter Milan teams and player ratings as treble secured
- House of Football: Ireland’s glimmer of hope, selfies with Roy and the art of free-kicks
- "I was just trying to be humble!" - Roy Keane almost talks himself out of City and United dream team
- Roy Keane names two players Man United should sign this summer
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reveals Man United rejected signing Erling Haaland for £4 million
- Scott Carson delivers emphatic comeback to fan after second Champions League victory
- Man United line-up transfers for two strikers as alternatives to Harry Kane
- "Disgrace to the club" - Norman Whiteside story on nightclub "raid" sums up Alex Ferguson's early years at Man United