Half-and-half football merchandise reaches new low at Manchester United vs Saint-Étienne
Henrikh Mkhitaryan's first-half goal in Manchester United's win away to Saint-Étienne was way down on the list of talking points from the Europa League clash.
More important matters soon overtook the only goal of the teatime kickoff, such as Mkitaryan's injury - which may keep him out of the League Cup final - and Eric Bailly's red card.
But even those pale in comparison to the half-and-half clocks spotted on sale in France before the game.
That's right, clocks.
Not half-and-half scarves.
We'll forgive the half-half scarf manufacturers tonight. pic.twitter.com/oqM8PtUAWg
— B/R Football (@brfootball) February 20, 2017
Not half-and-half shirts.
WTF's Santa wearing??? a half & half shirt!!!! IDIOT pic.twitter.com/cCQJKe8Wmv
— Plastic Fans (@Wank_Plastic) April 19, 2016
But half-and-half clocks.
My mans selling half and half clocks over here. Never seen anything like it in my life 😂 pic.twitter.com/JBonBrhBB7
— Adrian Bezzina (@AdeBezzina) February 22, 2017
Normally in these circumstances we'd make some kind of Fergie-time joke, but we're just too upset.
We're not sure what the worst part is, but there are plenty of contenders:
- The fact that the two badges at the bottom don't join up
- The fact that those two badges are at a weird angle
- The fact that Zlatan looks angry to even be associated with merchandise like this
- The fact that the seller looks like a cross between Danny Trejo and Robbie Savage
- The shamelessness with which the seller is wearing a Paris Saint-Germain shirt while selling Saint-Étienne merchandise
- And, of course, the fact that half-and-half clocks even exist as a concept.
Go home, Europa League, you're drunk.