England vs France: Live updates and player ratings from World Cup quarter-final
The match takes place on Saturday evening.
England take on world champions France in the World Cup quarter-final on Saturday evening at the Al Bayt Stadium. Here is what you need to know about the crucial game, including kick-off time, TV details and team news.
You can also follow the match live in our hub below.
England v France: How can I watch the World Cup quarter-final?
England versus France kicks off at 7 pm on Saturday evening. In the UK, ITV will have live and exclusive coverage of the quarter-final tie.
In Ireland, you can watch the match on RTÉ 2, coverage begins at 6:30 pm.
England v France: Preview.
France are the favourite for Saturday's match and with good reason. Didier Deschamps' team are world champions and have performed to a high standard in the tournament so far. They also have Kylian Mbappé in their team.
The Paris Saint-Germain forward has been the best player in the tournament so far, scoring five goals and registering two assists. Mbappe is bending games to his will and will take a lot to stop.
England, meanwhile, have yet to be tested by elite opposition. Yet, if they can find a way past France, they will arguably never have a better opportunity to win a second World Cup.
- Roy Keane cracks up ITV pundits with description of Senegal supporters
- Shay Given on how far Ireland could've gone at the 2002 World Cup with Roy Keane in the team
- The problem with Jordan Henderson and England's midfield
While you're here, why not try some of our World Cup quizzes?
- The FootballJOE Qatar World Cup 2022 Geography Quiz.
- SportsJOE's World Cup Quiz: Brazil 2014.
- Teammates XI Quiz: Italy - 2006 World Cup Final.
- QUIZ: Name the all-time leading scorers from each 2022 World Cup country.
- QUIZ: Name the 2018 World Cup Goalscorers