Video: Start your week with some top fitness tips from Irish rugby star Megan Williams
Ireland Rugby Sevens player and Six Nations squad member Megan Williams has some great fitness advice to kick-start your week ahead.
I know that there are some of you out there that are ready to start working out, or want to start but are not quite sure where to start.
I have put together a beginners' work-out for those of you that are new to training, which includes four, simple, fun and challenging exercises.
You can work up a sweat and feel strong, and toned, in only 15 minutes. With the ability to complete my workouts in the comfort of your own home, you can ease in and remain comfortable as you begin to try new things and continue to push yourself at your level.
The time is now - you want to see changes, and I want to help you get there. Give it a try today.
- Stand with your head facing forward and your chest held up and out.
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart. Extend your hands straight out in front of you to help keep your balance.
- Sit back and down like you're sitting into an imaginary chair. Press your weight back into your heels.
- Keep your body tight, and push through your heels to bring yourself back to the starting position.
- Drop down to the floor, keep your arms straight but not locked out and lift your glutes.
- Alternate between bringing your left knee in towards your chest, and vice versa.
- Drive your legs in and out as fast at you can, keeping your bottom down and back straight.
- Repeat for the 30 secs interval.
- Stand with your feet at hip width, and place your hands on your hips for balance
- Take a big step forward with your left foot, bending your right knee until your thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Your back should stay straight
- Drive up into a jump and land with your right foot forward and your left knee bent towards the floor. And repeat for 10 jumps.
- Sit on the ground and start with your legs in towards your chest and feet off the ground, hands placed either side of you
- Crunch forwards then lower your back towards the floor, keep your legs together and straighten and lower your legs to the floor
- Go back to start position and repeat for 10 Reps
For more workout ideas please check out my Health & Fitness page on Facebook.