
Football
Share
Published 12:48 14 Oct 2015 BST
Explore more on these topics:
The Daily Mail report that the Argentine, now playing in La Liga for Deportivio La Coruna, is suing his former club for £2million (€2.7million) for his treatment during his year-long battle with testicular cancer.
Gutierrez, 32, is reportedly suing under the 2010 equality act which relates to discriminatory treatment of employees based on a mental or physical disability.
Gutierrez's seven-year spell at St James Park ended in unceremonious circumstances as it was an unexpected phonecall from then-manager John Carver that informed the player that his contract would not be renewed by the Magpies.
“I think man to man, face to face is the nice thing to do,” Gutierrez told BBC Radio 5 Live in the summer. “It made me think they don’t care about anything.”
He added: “I had been there seven years, I always did my best. The only 18 months I didn’t play was because I was going through my illness.
“Maybe they could have told me before the end of the season so I could say thank you to the fans on the pitch after the last game.”Live sport on TV in Ireland this weekend – Football, GAA and Rugby – August 21st-24th
The Prem is back! The Premier League is back this weekend, and so are we with our ultimate TV guide. Alongside the English footy, there’s League of Ireland, a heap of club GAA, and some rugby inter-pros. Enjoy the sport and a few pints! Football Friday, 21 August Saturday, 22 August Sunday, 23 August Monday, […]
Football
3 days ago
Reports from Spain say Troy Parrott rejected big Premier League move
He knows what he wants! Following the news of Troy Parrott’s imminent move to Real Betis, more details of the transfer process have come to light. Follow our blog below for more details.
Football
3 days ago
Football
Champions League club ‘in final stages’ of completing Troy Parrott deal
Football