Conor McGregor's suspension extended at Las Vegas hearing 1 year ago

Conor McGregor's suspension extended at Las Vegas hearing

Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) chairman Anthony Marnell has said that he would have withheld Conor McGregor's $3 million purse if he had seen the video footage that emerged after the UFC 229 melee earlier this month.

Nurmagomedov and McGregor both clashed with each other's teams after the Lightweight champion's fourth-round stoppage of the Dubliner in Las Vegas with both fighters now facing possible suspensions for their part in the brawl.

Nurmagomedov's $2 million purse was withheld by the NSAC directly after the fight while UFC President Dana White later confirmed that McGregor had been paid his $3 million by the commission.

However, video emerged after the fight of McGregor striking Khabib Nurmagomedov's cousin Abubakar during the post-fight melee and Marnell said at a disciplinary hearing that he would have withheld McGregor's purse if more footage had have been available to him at the time.

Both fighters were temporarily suspended from competition in Nevada until their hearing on Wednesday.

However, that suspension has since been extended until December 10 where both fighters will attend a commission meeting to discover their fates.