Thomas Tuchel releases emotional statement after Chelsea sacking 2 weeks ago

Thomas Tuchel releases emotional statement after Chelsea sacking

Tuchel posted an emotional statement on social media

Thomas Tuchel has spoken for the first time since his sacking by Chelsea, posting an emotional statement on Twitter.

Advertisement

Tuchel was sacked last week, less than 24 hours after his side were beaten by Dinamo Zagreb, and departed after Todd Boehly and the Chelsea board felt it was time to move on.

The German won the Champions League, Super Cup and Club World Cup during his time at Stamford Bridge and said that he was "devastated" that his time at the Blues had to come to an end.

"This is one of the most difficult statements I have ever had to write - and it is one which I hoped I would not need to do for many years. I am devastated that my time at Chelsea has come to an end," he said.

Advertisement

"This is a club where I felt at home, both professionally and personally. Thank you so much to all the staff, the players and the supporters for making me feel very welcome from the start.

"The pride and joy I felt at helping the team to win the Champions League and the Club World Cup will stay with me forever. I am honoured to have been a part of this club’s history and the memories of the last 19 months will always have a special place in my heart."

Advertisement

Chelsea have acted swiftly to replace the 49-year-old, appointing Graham Potter a little over 24 hours after firing his predecessor.

Potter left Brighton and Hove Albion after the west London club activated his reported £16m release clause. His first game in charge will be against Red Bull Salzburg at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night.

Related links:

Advertisement

Luke Chadwick recalls car journey with Roy Keane after infamous Man United incident


Advertisement