We love them, we hate them.
The beauty of the advancement in technology is that we can force-feed our football opinions to those who don't even want to listen.
And, where better than a WhatsApp group to debate the most divisive topic of them all: Ireland.
Whatever happens in Zenica on Friday night, there's no doubt at least one WhatsApp group will be buzzing. And chances are it will go a little something like this.
1. Early interest is tentative at best
2. Other plans are being proposed
3. People are reluctantly starting to turn their attention
4. The buzz starts to catch on though
5. Team selections start
6. The Aiden McGeady question
7. Something we can all agree on
8. Eamon Dunphy is ruining the vibe
9. The team is named
10. The game starts
11. The game pans out as you'd expect the game to pan out
12. Eamon Dunphy's half time rant divides opinion
13. The second half pans out as you'd expect the second half to pan out
14. The James McClean question
15 (a). Ireland lose, Dunphy has an almighty rant
15 (b). Ireland get a result, Dunphy has an almighty rant