Fan footage emerges from the moment Patrick Vieira 'kicked' Everton supporter 1 year ago

Fan footage emerges from the moment Patrick Vieira 'kicked' Everton supporter

The angle confirms what we expected.

More fan footage taken during the pitch invasion following Crystal Palace's defeat to Everton on Wednesday night shows a new angle of the altercation involving Patrick Vieira and Everton at Goodison Park.


While the clip of him kicking out at an individual as fans swarm has already been seen, sparking more debate around the safety of players, staff and fans themselves, this video shows the Frenchman clearly being goaded by the Everton fan infringing upon his personal space and shouting expletives in his face:

Vieira was confronted by a number of Everton fans.

But during the celebrations it appeared that Palace boss Vieira was confronted by an Everton supporter while walking back to the tunnel, leading to him reacting angrily.

Footage posted to Twitter appears to show the Frenchman grabbing the fan and pull him back before lashing out with his foot and attempting to kick the supporter.


Vieira was then pushed and surrounded by a number of fans before walking away. When asked about the incident by Sky Sports after the game, the Palace boss said: "I do not have anything to say about that."

However, as we can now see from the first video filmed from the fan's perspective, the coach was clearly retaliating to the supporter's abusive behaviour.

He wasn't the only one either, as you can see in this clip caught by the camera beside the touchline, a female supporter can be seen trying to slap Palace defender Joachim Andersen on the bum as tensions began to flare towards the end of the game.


Palace face Manchester United in their final game of the season at Selhurst Park whereas Everton travel to the capital to face Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium.

Everton came from two goals behind to secure survival

The Eagles had been 2-0 up in the first half after goals from Jean-Philippe Mateta and Jordan Ayew gave Palace a comfortable lead and put Everton in real danger of taking their Premier League fate to the final day of the season.


Frank Lampard's side came out fighting in the second half though and almost immediately got themselves back into the game through Michael Keane, before Richarlison equalised 15 minutes from time.

With just five minutes left to play Dominic Calvert-Lewin completed the comeback as he headed home Demarai Gray's free-kick, sparking pandemonium on Merseyside.

The Toffees were able to hold onto the win and with that secured their place in the top-flight for next season. As the final whistle blew, fans ran onto the pitch at Goodison Park to celebrate the relief of avoiding relegation.


Lampard has already called it "one of the greatest nights of my footballing life".