Ole Gunnar Solskjaer lines up three major signings as permanent Manchester United boss
The Norwegian was confirmed on a three-year deal on Thursday morning
Now that he has been announced as the permanent Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is said to be targeting three young England stars to join the club.
Thursday saw the former striker step up from his interim role in the Old Trafford dugout to a three-year deal, having won 14 of his 19 games in charge - including the first eight in a row.
The Sun report that Declan Rice, Jadon Sancho and Aaron Wan-Bissaka are his three foremost targets for the summer, in deals worth a combined £160 million.
Plenty of outlets have linked Borussia Dortmund winger Sancho to United amidst his incredible development in Bundesliga and he is said to be at the top of Solskjaer's wish list, alongside Rice. The defensive midfielder made his England debut last week and could fill the hole left by the out-of-contract Ander Herrera.
If there's any cash left over from those deals, the report names Wan-Bissaka as the next name on the Red Devils' radar. Like Rice, the right-back has been quietly developing into a very decent prospect at a mid-table Premier League club and could make the step up for around £40 million.
Should that fail, it is claimed Harry Maguire will pop up once again as a United target, having been subject to a long, drawn out, and ultimately futile approach last summer.
On Thursday, Solskjaer was confirmed as the permanent manager at Old Trafford, the Norwegian stating: "This is the job that I always dreamed of doing and I’m beyond excited to have the chance to lead the club long-term and hopefully deliver the continued success that our amazing fans deserve."