Neymar has bizarre reaction to losing €1m in an hour of online poker
Neymar is a keen poker player away from football
Neymar’s reaction to losing €1m in 60 minutes on an online casino has left some people describing it as “bizarre”.
The Paris Saint-Germain star is a keen poker player and while injured has been devoting his attention to the game even more.
But according to Brazilian outlet Globo Esporte, Neymar lost €1million [around £880,000] in just one hour.
For many that sort of money is a pipeline dream but for Neymar no doubt, it’s loose change.
While streaming the game on his Twitch channel fans were able to catch his raw reaction, which was bizarre to say the least.
He initially began to pretend to cry before screaming while a mock Titanic theme began to play over the events. Neymar then shouted “Oh f**k” before laughing out loud.
🚨FAMOSOS: Neymar “chora” ao perder R$ 5 milhões em apostas de cassino on-line durante live.
— CHOQUEI (@choquei) March 29, 2023
Neymar earns over €3.6m per month at PSG
One of his friend’s could be heard saying: “From a million to zero in 60 minutes” to which the 31-year-old jokingly replied by saying he was “going to put this on YouTube.”
French news outlet L’Équipe recently published a list of the highest earners in Ligue 1 and it was no surprise to see the former Barcelona man towards the top of the list.
Neymar reportedly takes home a salary of €3,675,000 every month in wages at PSG – that’s without factoring in bonuses, sponsorships and other sources of income for the Brazilian.
- House of Football: Ireland's glimmer of hope, selfies with Roy and the art of free-kicks
- Expectation soars as Evan Ferguson captures Irish footballing imagination
- James McClean gets straight on to Graeme Souness after being told "to get on with it"
- ‘It was a free hit’ – Damien Delaney and Ian Harte on Ireland’s performance against France
- The infamous L'Equipe player ratings are in for Ireland v France