Uruguay were knocked out of the World Cup on Friday.
Patrice Evra appeared to like an image of Luis Suarez in tears following Uruguay’s dramatic exit from the World Cup.
Uruguay beat Ghana 2-0 on Friday and looked on course to reach the last 16 until South Korea scored in the last minute in the other group game to beat Portugal 2-1.
Suarez’s side finished level on points with South Korea, but they crashed out of the tournament as their opponents scored two more goals in the group stages.
The Uruguay striker, 35, was in tears at the final whistle, with this almost certainly his final appearance at the World Cup. Evra, however, appeared to have no sympathy.
— SportsJOE (@SportsJOEdotie) December 2, 2022
The former Manchester United defender appeared to like a photo of Suarez in tears on social media.
Suarez and Evra.
Suarez and Evra had a high-profile clash during their time playing in the Premier League. Evra accused Suarez of making a racist comment towards him during a match between Man United and Liverpool at Anfield in October 2011.
An FA panel found Suarez guilty of the act. He was given an eight-game suspension and a £40,000 fine. The Uruguayan refuted the decision and pleaded his innocence.
Suarez then refused to shake Evra’s hand in a game at Old Trafford a few months later.
Some of our biggest stories of the week.
- Damien Duff savages England’s chances
- Trouble in the Belgium camp…again
- Cristiano Ronaldo…God, he’s getting desperate for that goal
- The tournament has opened up for Argentina
While you’re here, why not try some of our World Cup quizzes?
- The FootballJOE Qatar World Cup 2022 Geography Quiz.
- SportsJOE’s World Cup Quiz: Brazil 2014.
- Teammates XI Quiz: Italy – 2006 World Cup Final.
- QUIZ: Name the all-time leading scorers from each 2022 World Cup country.
- QUIZ: Name the 2018 World Cup Goalscorers