Every Irish transfer in football, this summer, as several big deals get done
A bevvy of Irish footballers have been on the move, this summer.
We are a month into the summer 2022 window and there have already been over 35 Irish transfers that have taken place.
Players that come from Ireland or have presented the Republic of Ireland at international level are among the plethora of moves going on in what is shaping up to be one of the biggest summers yet.
The headline-grabber Irish transfers have been Nathan Collins retaining his Premier League status, in switching from Burnley to Wolves, and Gavin Bazunu being bought, from Manchester City, by Southampton.
While Bazunu fetched €14 million for Manchester City, Collins' fee of €24m is a record for an Irish player. Wolves technical director Scott Sellars commented: "We've looked at Nathan for a while. We think we've signed a player with a lot of potential, as well as being a very good footballer now.
"We're getting someone who is physically very good, very tall, very athletic, and is very comfortable on the ball - he can step in and take the ball forward, which is what we need. He's very good in both boxes and has real aerial strength. The feedback on his personality is about his leadership qualities, he's a good character, so he ticks all the boxes."
Below is the list of all the Irish transfers that have taken place, to date, this summer.
Nathan Collins - Burnley to Wolves - €24m
- Gavin Bazunu - Man City to Southampton - €14m
- Josh Cullen - Anderlecht to Burnley - €3m
- Festy Ebosele - Derby County to Udinese - Compensation (approx. €2m)
- Jayson Molumby - Brighton to West Brom - €1m
- Trent Kone-Doherty - Derry City to Liverpool - €150,000
- Danny Mandriou - Shamrock Rovers to Lincoln City - €30,000
- Cathal Heffernan - Cork City to AC Milan - €30,000
- Dawson Devoy - Bohemians to MK Dons - Undisclosed
- Darragh Burns - St Patrick's Athletic to MK Dons - Undisclosed
- Alex Murphy - Galway to Newcastle United - Undisclosed
- Ed McGinty - Sligo Rovers to Oxford United - Undisclosed
- Eric Yoro - UCD to Bolton Wanderers - Undisclosed
- Eoin Toal - Derry City to Bolton - Undisclosed
- Promise Omochere - Bohemians to Fleetwood Town - Undisclosed
- Callum O'Dowda - Bristol City to Cardiff
- Aiden O'Brien - Portsmouth to Shewsbury
- Darragh Lenihan - Blackburn to Middlesbrough
- David McGoldrick - Sheffield United to Derby
- Conor Hourihane - Aston Villa to Derby
- Shane Long - Southampton to Reading
- James Collins - Cardiff to Derby
- Liam Kerrigan - UCD to Como
- Graham Carey - CSKA Sofia to St Johnstone
- Conor McCarthy - St Mirren to Barnsley
- Robbie Brady - Unattached (previously Bournemouth) to Preston
- Alan Power - St Mirren to Kilmarnock
- Aiden McGeady - Sunderland to Hibernian
- Padraig Ammond - Newport to Woking
- Shaun Williams - Portsmouth to Gillingham
- Joe Rafferty - Preston to Portsmouth
- Peter Kioso - Luton Town to Rotherham United
- Troy Parrott - Tottenham to Preston North End
- Ciaran Clark - Newcastle to Sheffield United
- Aaron Connolly - Brighton to Venezia
- Jeff Hendrick - Newcastle to Reading
- Will Smallbone - Southampton to Stoke City
- Gavin Kilkenny - Bournemouth to Stoke City
We will update the list as the Summer 2022 transfer window progresses. A list of League of Ireland 2022 transfers can be found here.