Politician apologises to Harry Maguire for mocking Man United star
‘Maguire has turned the corner and is a transformational footballer.’
A Ghanian MP has apologised to Harry Maguire after he previously mocked the Manchester United star.
MP Isaac Adongo was debating the country’s budget when he compared Vice-President Mahamudu Bawumia’s economic management to Maguire’s performances on the pitch.
In recent weeks however the defender has improved and looked more confident and during their budget meeting, Mr Adongo took the opportunity to apologise to the 30-year-old.
He said that Maguire had “turned the corner and is a transformational footballer” and was a “key player”.
“Today, Maguire has turned the corner and is a transformational footballer”
— ⬅️ #JoySports (@JoySportsGH) November 22, 2023
Despite apologising to the United man, he still had plenty to say about the Vice-President Bawumia.
“As for our Maguire, he is now at the IMF, with a cup in hand,” he said.
A year ago Mr Adongo compared Bawumia to Maguire, who Mr Adongo said “became the biggest threat at the centre of the Manchester United defence.”
- Evan Ferguson had the perfect reaction to nonsense England question
- Didi Hamman tears into Stephen Kenny over Andrew Moran decision
- Stephen Kenny makes honest admission on what could "cost him" his job
- Stephen Kenny responds to criticism from Didi Hamann and Brian Kerr
- Stephen Kenny is reportedly the top runner for manager's job with League One team
- Gus Poyet drops new hint about Ireland job as he confirms Greece exit date
- Mick McCarthy says he would have capped Declan Rice and Jack Grealish for Ireland
- Keith Andrews suggests 'Irish staff' helped Greece beat Ireland
- James McClean believes he is "still best person for the role" despite retirement
- Assessing the FAI's managerial options if Stephen Kenny leaves Ireland post
- Ex-Ireland star says senior job could be "step down" for Lee Carsley