Arsenal v Nottingham Forest delayed as thousands of fans stuck out of stadium
Opening day chaos has ensued at the Emirates Stadium.
Premier League fans will have to wait a little longer for Arsenal’s opener against Nottingham Forest after delays at the turnstiles outside of the Emirates Stadium.
The game was due to begin the new season at 12.30pm. However, Arsenal have confirmed a 30 minute delay thanks to errors in the new turnstile system.
Thousands of expectant supporters were left outside in queues, with huge arease of the stadium remaining empty well past the time the game was supposed to kick off.
According to TNT Sports, 35,000 supporters were still outside of the ground as the original 12.30 kick-off approached.
UPDATE: This afternoon's game with Nottingham Forest will now kick off at 1pm (UK), due to a delay at the turnstiles.
— Arsenal (@Arsenal) August 12, 2023
Fans will be eager for the fixture to not be delayed any further, as Mikel Arteta's Arsenal side begin chase of Manchester City, who brushed aside Premier League newcomers Burnley last night 3-0.
Arsenal's Spanish manager has also sprung a major selection surprise ahead of his side's maiden league fixture, selecting Thomas Partey at right back with Eddie Nketiah starting up top for the Gunners.
More to follow.
- Manchester United’s Premier League rivals set to bid for Jadon Sancho
- Man United fans to protest against Mason Greenwood before Wolves clash
- League of Ireland star becomes Wrexham’s latest Irish addition
- Jurgen Klopp quizzed about ‘I’m not in a job anymore’ comment after £111m Caicedo bid
- Jamie Carragher reacts to the news that Moises Caicedo has rejected Liverpool to join Chelsea