Arda Guler wiped away his mother's tears at Real Madrid unveiling
The 'Turkish Messi' has joined Real Madrid from Fenerbahce.
Turkish wonderkid Arda Guler was spotted wiping away tears away his mother's face during his unveiling as a Real Madrid player.
The Spanish giants announced the signing of 18-year-old Guler on Thursday on a six-year deal from Fenerbahce.
The player was unveiled by Real Madrid on Friday where he was seen wiping away tears from his proud mother's eyes.
You can watch the clip below.
Arda Guler has already won the hearts of everyone.https://t.co/dJj7oiDxZ4
— Akın (@ProudFede) July 7, 2023
Guler was dubbed the 'Turkish Messi' after his excellent displays for Fenerbahce last season, where he scored six goals in 35 appearances.
The 18-year-old attracted attention from several top clubs before signing for Real Madrid, who already added Jude Bellingham to their ranks this summer.
"I want to become a Real Madrid legend," Guler said at his unveiling.
"Thank you for choosing Real Madrid to build your story. At just 18 years old, you fulfil one of your big dreams," said Florentino Perez, the Real Madrid president.
- Champions League final: Man City vs Inter Milan teams and player ratings as treble secured
- House of Football: Ireland’s glimmer of hope, selfies with Roy and the art of free-kicks.
- Scott Carson delivers emphatic comeback to fan after second Champions League victory
- Man United line-up transfers for two strikers as alternatives to Harry Kane
- "Disgrace to the club" - Norman Whiteside story on nightclub "raid" sums up Alex Ferguson's early years at Man United
- "I was just trying to be humble!" - Roy Keane almost talks himself out of City and United dream team
- Roy Keane names two players Man United should sign this summer
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reveals Man United rejected signing Erling Haaland for £4 million