Mayo make two wise changes for crucial clash with Galway
Mayo have lost their four matches against Galway. They can scarcely afford to lose a fifth.
This championship summer will see Galway and Mayo face off in the Connacht Senior Football quarter final.
The Tribesmen are on a four-game winning run over their Connacht rivals and have a chance to stretch the streak on Sunday, in Salthill.
Galway are two from two and trail Division 1 leaders Dublin on points difference. Mayo have won one and lost the other, against Kerry. With both sides still to face Dublin, they could do with the victory this weekend.
Stephen Rochford is fully aware of the importance of the match but has opted to keep both Cillian O'Connor and Andy Moran out of his starting team. He has made two changes, though.
All-Star Colm Boyle replaces Barry Moran in defence while Conor Loftus comes in for the injured Evan Regan. The addition of the canny. athletic Boyle and the pacy Loftus strengthen the Mayo 15.
1. David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites
2. Brendan Harrison - Aghamore
3. Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
4. Eoin O’Donoghue - Belmullet
5. Colm Boyle - Davitts
6. Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
7. Paddy Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels
8. Jason Gibbons - Ballintubber
9. Shane Nally - Garrymore
10. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
11. Aidan O’Shea - Breaffy
12. Diarmuid O’Connor - Ballintubber
13. Neil Douglas - Castlebar Mitchels
14. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
15. Conor Loftus - Crossmolina
As for Galway, they have yet to name their starting fifteen but they have released a statement about the Sunday games in Salthill:
— Galway GAA (@Galway_GAA) February 8, 2018
This one should be cracker.