All the hurling championship permutations
The hurling championship is alive.
Above is the state of affairs in Leinster with all the counties still in contention having one game left to play.
Saturday June 15
Wexford v Kilkenny, Wexford Park, 7.00
Dublin v Galway, Parnell Park, 7.00
- If Galway get a win or a draw against Dublin they are in the Leinster final
- If Galway lose to Dublin then they will qualify in third place IF there is a winner in Kilkenny v Wexford
- If Galway lose to Dublin and Kilkenny Wexford draw then Galway will be out on score difference
- If Dublin beat Galway, the winner of Kilkenny v Wexford will play them in final
- If Dublin draw with Galway they are out unless Kilkenny beat Wexford by eight points or more
- If Kilkenny win or draw against Wexford they are through to the Leinster final
- If Kilkenny lose to Wexford, they will need Galway to beat Dublin in order to qualify as a third place team
- Wexford need to beat Kilkenny to get through to the Leinster final
- If they lose, they will still go through IF Galway beat Dublin
- If they lose and Dublin beat Galway by more than a point, then they are out.
Tipperary v Limerick, Semple Stadium, 2.00
Clare v Cork, Cusack Park, 2.00
- Tipperary are through to the Munster final unless they lose to Limerick and Cork beat Clare by more than 25 points
- Limerick will be through to Munster final if they beat Tipp and Clare get a result against Cork
- If Limerick beat Tipp and Cork beat Clare, then it will come down to score diff between Tipp, Limerick and Cork for Munster final spot.
- If Limerick draw with Tipp and Cork beat Clare then Limerick will go through as third placed team.
- If Limerick lose to Tipp and Cork get a result against Cork, Lim will go through as third placed team.
- If Limerick lose to Tipp and Clare get a result against Cork - Limerick still likely to go through on score diff
- Through to Munster final if they beat Clare
- Through to Munster final if they draw with Clare and Tipp get a result against Limerick
- If they lose to Clare and Tipp beat Limerick, they will still go through on score diff
- If they lose to Clare and Limerick beat Tipp, they are out
- If they lose to Clare and Limerick and Tipp draw, they are out
- If they beat Cork and Limerick beat Tipp, they are through
- If they beat Cork and Tipp beat Limerick, score diff will be used and they'll look like going out