Frimpong could cost Man United €35m.
Manchester United are reportedly in talks about signing Jeremie Frimpong from Bayern Leverkusen, according to reports.
The Dutch right-back could replace Aaron Wan Bissaka in Erik ten Hag’s squad as the Red Devils plan an overhaul of their squad.
Man United in talks with Frimpong.
According to Manchester Evening News, Man United are in talks with Frimpong’s representatives about a summer transfer.
Frimpong plays at right-back and right wing-back and has made 86 appearances for Leverkusen, scoring 10 goals.
“There’s only one spare room, and it had a wasps nest.”
David Connolly on putting former Ireland manager Mick McCarthy up for the night in The Netherlands.
Together w/ @williamhill
— SportsJOE (@SportsJOEdotie) April 18, 2023
Frimpong is enjoying an excellent campaign and has scored eight goals in 28 games for Leverkusen this season.
The Dutch defender, who joined the Bundesliga team from Celtic in January 2021 for €13m, is currently valued at around €35m.
The 22-year-old was a youth-team player with Man City before he joined Celtic.
He was part of the Netherlands squad for the World Cup but did not appear at the tournament.
Man United squad overhaul.
Man United are reportedly aiming to sell several defenders this summer. Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Harry Maguire, Brandon Williams, Alex Telles and Eric Bailly could all move on.
Diogo Dalot, meanwhile, is approaching the final year of his contract and is in discussions about a new deal.
Barcelona, Juventus, AC Milan and Atletico Madrid are all said to be interested in signing the Portuguese full-back.
- House of Football: Cillian Sheridan and Alan Cawley join us for Episode Three.
- House of Football: Haggling to get into League of Ireland games, Liverpool’s decline and Bruno Fernandes moaning.
- HOUSE OF FOOTBALL: Ireland’s glimmer of hope, selfies with Roy and the art of free-kicks.
- ‘It’s simple enough’ – Kenny Cunningham on the reasons for Liverpool’s decline.
- David Connolly recalls Roy Keane blunder in first team talk as a manager.