Liverpool fans are getting a bumper weekend of classic European games
A few full matches, hour-long specials with extended highlights and goals galore.
Reds fans missing their football fix have been thrown a sporting lifeline. Virgin Media Sport are to air Liverpool Weekend over three days.
This weekend [if you remember what they are anymore!], Virgin Media Sport will broadcast more than 12 hours of classic Liverpool action that celebrates the club's deeds in European football.
With no live football to devour, as we so often do, the Irish broadcaster has dipped into some extensive archives to tee up a full weekend of action. Friday's package contains hors d'oeuvres of classic European clashes and goals before a bumper Saturday.
That day features a trio of European Cup finals won by the Merseysiders, starting at 8pm with a look back at their 1977 European Cup Final win over Borussia Mönchengladbach, followed by the 1984 final victory over Roma, captained by Virgin Media’s Graeme Souness, and 2005's 'Miracle of Istanbul' Final at 10pm.
Sunday's smorgasbord of soccer goes back to 2018/19 and charts Liverpool's 'Road to Madrid', which featured some memorable games.
Virgin is putting out a re-broadcast of last year’s final from Madrid’s Metropolitano Stadium, including the studio build-up and analysis from Graeme Souness, Niall Quinn and Brian Kerr alongside Tommy Martin.
Friday 3rd April
- 20.00 - Every Liverpool Goal (UCL 2018/19)
- 21.00 - Porto v Liverpool 2019
- 22.00 - Liverpool v Barcelona 2019
Saturday 4th April
- 20.00 - Liverpool v Borussia Mönchengladbach 1977 European Cup Final
- 21.00 - Liverpool v Roma 1984 European Cup Final
- 22.00 - AC Milan v Liverpool 2005 UEFA Champions League Final
- 23.00 - Man City v Liverpool Classic UCL 2017/18
Sunday 5th April
- 20.00 - Liverpool's Road to Madrid (UCL 2018/19)
- 21.00 - Tottenham v Liverpool 2019 UEFA Champions League Final
- 23.00 - Tottenham v Liverpool Official Film
- 23.15 - Liverpool v Chelsea UEFA Super Cup Final 2019
And before Manchester United fans spit the dummy, the broadcaster says it will be running a weekend dedicated to the Red Devils' European exploits, including their three final victories in 1968, 1999 and 2008.
Irish fans of Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest and Chelsea, start your campaigns today!