David De Gea set to complete shock transfer
Five months after leaving Old Trafford, De Gea is set to make a return
David de Gea is being lined up for a return to football, five months after leaving Manchester United.
De Gea departed Old Trafford after 12 years at the club following their decision to reverse their offer of a new contract at the last minute.
Despite being linked with a big-money move to Saudi Arabia, De Gea opted not to sign and has been training on his own.
The 33-year-old has also been linked with a sensational return to Man United after André Ohana’s difficult start but it now appears that a return to his homeland is the more likely option.
According to MARCA, the Spaniard could make a shock move to Eldense, who are currently 11th in Spain’s second tier.
MARCA claimed that De Gea was spotted in Alicante last week to meet with the Eldense hierarchy, who outlined their vision for the club.
Eldense have climbed through the leagues over the last couple of years having gone from the fourth tier to the second in quick succession however their club president, Pascual Pérez, announced his intention to sell his majority stake in the club.
He said: “After managing to rise from Tercera RFEF to LaLiga Hypermotion in just three seasons, Pascual Pérez will leave the presidency of his hometown club having achieved professional football, a goal that has not been achieved for 60 years.”
Other reports have suggested that Real Betis and Atletico Madrid have also been in contact to sign last season’s Golden Glove winner.
- Evan Ferguson had the perfect reaction to nonsense England question
- Stephen Kenny makes honest admission on what could "cost him" his job
- Stephen Kenny is reportedly the top runner for manager's job with League One team
- Gus Poyet drops new hint about Ireland job as he confirms Greece exit date
- Mick McCarthy says he would have capped Declan Rice and Jack Grealish for Ireland
- Keith Andrews suggests 'Irish staff' helped Greece beat Ireland
- Assessing the FAI's managerial options if Stephen Kenny leaves Ireland post
- Ex-Ireland star says senior job could be "step down" for Lee Carsley