The barely believable transfer history quiz of Chelsea football club
The ridiculous world of Chelsea's transfer history continues.
Chelsea have always been at the centre of transfer dramas in the history of the Premier League, and after the 2023 debacle that was the January transfer window, they have taken it to new levels.
The club's bizarre strategy is basically to use the law of averages and buy as many big names as possible, and surely some of them will turn out be superstars.
If not, then they will just join the likes of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Radamel Falcao and Timo Werner in the has-been bin, or if they're lucky, they'll go on to be legends at rival clubs, as Mohammad Salah and Kevin de Bruyne did.
Even with Roman Abramovich no longer in charge, the running of Chelsea's transfer business is just as crazy, if not crazier than before.
To prove that this behaviour is nothing new, this quiz goes way back to some of the early dealings of big Premier League transfers; in fact, it goes so far back, Arjen Robben actually had hair.
So, if you're like the rest of us and find it impossible to keep up with the wheelings and dealings with the transfer conveyor belt at Stamford Bridge, then you are going to find this quite challenging.
- Chelsea's spending spree set to continue with bid for French full back
- Steven Gerrard makes bold claim about Mykhailo Mudryk as Chelsea debutante shines
- Man United face competition from Chelsea for David de Gea's successor
- Benfica boss tears into Chelsea following Enzo Fernandez pursuit
Here are some other quizzes that you might be interested in:
- The ultimate Gaelic football quiz 2022
- QUIZ: Name the all-time leading scorers from each 2022 World Cup country
- If you can name every stadium in our GAA ground quiz you deserve an All-Ireland medal
- The SportsJOE Friday Pub Quiz: Week 1
- Teammates XI Quiz: Italy: 2006 World Cup Final