Revealed: The Premier League's highest paid players
Wayne Rooney has been revealed as the highest earner in the Premier League this season, but he's the only Manchester United player in the top 10 according to new figures.
The England striker's £260,000-a-week wage (€358,861) puts him just £20,000 above Sergio Aguero and Yaya Toure, two of five Manchester City players on the list published by the Daily Mail.
New signings Kevin de Bruyne and Raheem Sterling are also among the league's top earners, as is playmaker David Silva, with City players earning an estimated average of £96,445-a-week (€133,099).
Chelsea have three representatives on the list, with captain John Terry's new one year deal putting him in 10th spot, and Arsenal have just the one in Mesut Özil.
But there is no place for a single Liverpool player, despite the bumper contract given to former City midfielder James Milner upon his arrival at Anfield.
Premier League Top 10 earners (£ (€) per week before tax, estimated)
- Wayne Rooney - £260,000 (€358,861)
- Sergio Aguero - £240,000 (€331,359)
- Yaya Toure - £240,000 (€331,359)
- Eden Hazard - £220,000 (€303,652)
- David Silva - £200,000 (€276,063)
- Mesut Özil - £190,000 (€262,212)
- Raheem Sterling - £180,000 (€248,411)
- Cesc Fabregas - £170,000 (€234,611)
- Kevin de Bruyne - £170,000 (€234,611)
- John Terry - £160,000 (€220,850)